The committee will have the following responsibilities:
- Assemble a report describing the operations of local historical museums in other Massachusetts communities. This report should comprise data that will help the Selectmen prioritize the identified sites in Town. The information to be collected should include, but not be limited to:
- Circumstances/history leading to the start of the museum.
- Square footage.
- Facility operation and maintenance.
- Hours of operation.
- Yearly revenue.
- Critical factors in successful operation.
- Identify and evaluate a comprehensive list of potential space or sites appropriate for a museum that utilize buildings or property owned by the Town.
- Identify and evaluate potential space appropriate for a museum that utilizes privately-owned buildings or property that may be available for Town acquisition.
- Match criteria on square footage needs and other attributes provided by the Bedford Historical Society to potential locations identified by the Committee.
- Offer recommendations to the Selectmen on the location and size museum that best suits the size criteria provided by the Bedford Historical Society, and which takes into account any common factors derived from the survey of other museums that are critical for the success of a Bedford museum.
- Identify factors that would need to be addressed to make each potential museum location functional. Such factors include structural needs, interior renovations, security, fire protection, accessibility, parking, zoning issues and other considerations.
- The Committee is not expected to estimate the cost of creating a museum at any of the identified locations.
|William S. Moonan||2016, Historic District Commission Representative|
|Gaye Carpenter||2016, Historic Preservation Commission Member|
|Frank Gicca||2016, Historical Society non-voting member|
|Christopher Weisz||2016, At-large|
|Linda Christen||2016, At-large|
|Angelo Colao||2016, At-large|
|Kara Kerwin||2016, At-large|
|Michael Rosenberg||Member, 2016|