To support public projects through the regranting of the annual allocation of funds from the Massachusetts Cultural Council (MCC). These projects shall promote access, education, diversity, and excellence in the arts, humanities, and interpretive sciences in Bedford.
- To solicit community input and assess local cultural needs
- To establish priorities and guidelines for the review of local grant applications
- To communicate with the public about its activities
- To review and recommend action on local grant applications
- To report to the MCC
- In addition, the Bedford Cultural Council may also
- Raise funds from sources other than the State
- Initiate Council-originated projects
The Bedford Cultural Council is part of a network of 329 Local Cultural Councils serving all 351 cities and towns in the Commonwealth. The LCC Program is the largest grassroots cultural funding network in the nation, supporting thousands of community-based projects in the arts, sciences, and humanities every year. The state legislature provides an annual appropriation to the Massachusetts Cultural Council, a state agency, which then allocates funds to each community. Decisions about which activities to support are made at the community level by a board of municipally appointed volunteers.
The Bedford Cultural Council will seek applications again in the fall. Information and forms are available online at http://www.mass-culture.org/Bedford. Application forms are also online at http://mass-culture.org/samples_forms.aspx.
The application process starts September 1st and applications are due October 15th except in years when October 15 falls on a Saturday or Sunday; then the statewide deadline is the Monday immediately following October 15.
|Barbara Purchia||2017, Co-Chair|
|Kelley Dadah||Co-Chair, 2018|
|George Epple||2018, Treasurer|
|Linda Connelly||2017, Clerk|
|Caroline Fedele||Selectmen Liaison|