This office is primarily charged with fire code enforcement, the oversight of fire safety inspections, construction plan review and inspections and the permitting of a variety of fire protection and safety items. Secondary responsibilities include fire education and fire cause and origin investigations.
Emergency Communications Center
The Town of Bedford opened its Emergency Communications Center (ECC) on April 2, 1997. All of the town's emergency communications are answered and dispatched through the ECC.
The center employs eight full-time Emergency Communications Officers (ECOs) to man the center twenty-four hours per day, seven days a week. The ECC handles tens of thousands of police, fire, and EMS calls per year.
- CERT - Community Emergency Response Team
- Code Enforcement and Inspections
- Description of Responsibilities
- Documents & Publications
- Emergency Communication Center and Dialing 9-1-1
- Fire Investigation
- Fire Safety and Prevention Tips
- Listen Live
- Outdoor Burning
- Permitting Process
- Public Education & Training
- Vision/Mission Statements