What is Youth Development?
The goal of youth development is to create a community environment that stimulates and supports youth as they grow into adults.
This can be done in a variety of ways. Some of them include:
Providing a broad range of accessible activities for youth of all ages and capabilities
- Providing high quality education (public schooling, tutoring, private schooling, alternative schooling)
- Teaching youth life skills (how to balance a checkbook, how to prepare a balanced meal, how to create a household budget, career counseling, etc)
- Creating opportunities for youth to have a voice (ie providing student spots on school councils, inviting youth to town meetings and allowing them to speak, teaching youth how to speak at meetings)
- Providing healthy adult role models for youth
- Creating opportunities for youth to be healthy role models for other youth.
Click on the buttons below for Youth Development Programs run by Bedford Youth and Family Services
designed by local teens for local teens.
Click on Buttons for more information
- Affiliated Coalitions
- BYFS Committee
- Confidential Counseling
- Documents & Publications
- For Parents
- Healthy Bedford
- Job Match Program
- Leading the Way Report
- Meet Our Staff
- Prevention Services
- Safe Homes
- Teen Website
- Veterans' Services
- Youth Development
- Youth Risk Behavior Survey