Flu Clinic Information - School-Based
The Health Department's School-Based Flu Clinics
The Bedford Health Department, along with the Bedford School Department does offer flu vaccine during school-based flu clinics at the High School and Middle School for Bedford students during the late fall season
School-Based Flu Clinic Schedule
|BHS Clinic||10/24/23||7:45am - 8:55am||BHS, LGI Room||https://BedfordVaccinationRegistration.as.me/BHSClinic|
|JGMS Clinic||10/24/23||9:25am - 10:26am||JGMS, School Lobby||https://BedfordVaccinationRegistration.as.me/JGMSClinic|
The Parent/Legal Guardian informational letter, vaccine information and required forms are posted below. In order for your child to receive a vaccination (flu shot) at the school-based flu clinic, you must drop the completed Flu Registration form(s) off to the School Main Office or to the Health Department by the deadline of: Monday, October 23, 2023, 12pm. Form(s) can be submitted directly by emailing the Health Department.
The injectable (shot) vaccine will be administered this year. The Health Department has limited doses of FluMist (nasal spray) available this year on a first-come-first-serve basis. If you would like your child to receive FluMist, please complete the second set of screening questions on the Registration Form and contact the Health Department directly at 781-275-6507 to reserve a FluMist dose.
If you consent to the vaccination, a vaccine will be given to your child in school without your presence. If you do not return the required forms, the vaccination will not be given to your child.
Massachusetts has an electronic database called the Massachusetts Immunization Information System (MIIS) for all immunization records and your child’s flu vaccination will be entered into this database. The MIIS fact sheet is available below.
- 2023 to 2024 Flu Registration Form
- Letter to Parents/Legal Guardians of Bedford High School Students (for parent/legal guardian review)
- Letter to Parents/Legal Guardians of John Glenn Middle School Students (for parent/legal guardian review)
- Flu Shot: Flu Vaccine (Inactivated or Recombinant) Information Sheet (PDF) (for parent/legal guardian review)
- FluMist: Flu Vaccine (Live, Intranasal) Information Sheet (PDF) (for parent/legal guardian review)
- Information Sheets about the Massachusetts Immunization Information System (MIIS) (PDF) (review, print and return to BOH only if opting out of MIIS program)