Bedford Economic Development is your go-to resource for all things business in Bedford. If you are a business seeking to expand or locate in Bedford, please email the Bedford's Housing and Economic Development Director Jeff King or call 781-275-1111, for guidance.
Things that you should know about Bedford:
- Flexible mixed-use industrial zoning for all industrial zones supporting flexible site plans and business amenities
- The historic center and walkable business districts for retail, restaurants, and start-up companies
- Founding member of the Middlesex 3 Coalition, a regional economic development partnership of communities and businesses along Route 3
- Two commuter shuttles serve corporate business parks including the REV Commuter Shuttle and Middlesex 3 Coalition shuttle with direct shuttle service from Alewife station.
- "Platinum" rated "BioReady®" community with 30 life sciences companies
- Growing high-tech and robotics hub in the Crosby Drive business district hosting robotics giant, iRobot, and IT companies from Oracle to Progress Software
We believe collaboration is key to having a sustainable community here in Bedford with a high quality of life for our residents and businesses. We welcome the opportunity to meet with you about opportunities in Bedford.
External Business Organizations: The Bedford Chamber of Commerce has over 150 members and offers advertising, communication, networking, and many other benefits to help sustain and enhance the local business sector in Bedford. The Bedford is Business Partnership was created as a business-led collaborative to develop and promote business in Bedford. The Town of Bedford is a member of the Middlesex 3 Coalition - a regional partnership of five Middlesex County Communities, Bedford, Billerica, Burlington, Chelmsford, and Lowell. The Middlesex 3 Coalition promotes and provides resources to member communities to enhance the region by fostering economic development, job growth, and retention, diversification of the tax base, and enhancement of quality of life.
Bedford Rent Relief Program - Applications Now Being AcceptedApplications are currently being accepted for the Bedford Rent Relief Program (BRRP). BRRP provides temporary monthly rental assistance in the form of a grant to eligible households. Read on...
Jeffrey KingHousing and Economic Development DirectorPhone: 781-918-4006