- Public Works
- Trash & Recycling
- Textile Recycling
Don't Trash Textiles
MassDEP recently announced that textiles will be added to the list of items subject to the MassDEP Waste Disposal Ban, beginning in Fall 2022. This means that residents must not discard textiles in the regular household trash.
Textiles are also not acceptable in the curbside recycling carts.
Learn more about what the State is doing to keep textiles out of the waste stream on the MassDEP Textile Recovery website.
Curbside Pick Up of Unwanted Textiles
To schedule collection visit the CMRK website or call (508)466-4590 . This is a free program and all residents may participate, not just those served by the municipal trash program.
CMRK Will Accept the Following Items
- Clothing, all sizes and seasons (worn/torn is fine)
- Bedding, curtains, blankets, towels
- Home decor items
- Books, DVDs, records (No VHS)
- Musical instruments
- Shoes (including singles!)
- Stuffed animals
- Pots, pans, dishware, glassware
- Small toys (must fit easily into a box)
CMRK cannot accept mattresses or furniture of any kind.
Curbside Textile Packing Guidelines
All bags/boxes should be closed. CMRK is not a trash service. All bags/boxes must be neatly sealed/tied, and placed in an area visible from the street on the scheduled day of pickup. There is no limit to the bags you can donate.
- How do I pack my items?
- Clothing and shoes: plastic garbage bags labeled CMRK/BBBS (Avoid using boxes when possible).
- Dishes and breakable items: properly wrapped and packed in boxes as if you were moving (30 lbs each).
- Small miscellaneous household items: packed in a labeled and sealed box marked CMRK/BBBS
If there is bad weather please place items in a plastic garbage bag, tie and label, and turn the bag upside down.
- Where and When should the items be placed curbside?
Items should be placed at the curb by 7 am on the day of your scheduled pickup. CMRK will not enter private property to collect items.
- Do I need to label my donation?
Please label your bags/boxes with CMRK/BBBS.
- What do I do if my donation was not picked up on the scheduled day?
Textile Recycling Drop-off
Acceptable items: Items must be clean, dry, and bagged.
- Clothing & Fashion Accessories,
- Footwear (singles or in pairs),
- Fabric bags & backpacks/totes,
- Towels, linens, bedding, curtains
- Stuffed animals and pillows
Bring unwanted textiles (worn, ripped is fine) to the following collection locations:
|Bay State Textiles (White Collection Bins)|
Bedford High School parking lot (Liljegren Way entrance)
|Planet Aid (Yellow Collection Bins)|
NE Nursery, 216 Concord Rd
Novanta, 125 Middlesex Turnpike
Textiles in reusable condition can also be donated to your favorite charitable organization (review acceptable donation lists before dropping them off).