Bedford Local Transit (BLT)
The BLT is back in Service!
The BLT offers numerous In-Town destinations and a discounted fare for seniors!
The BLT is the Town of Bedford's public transportation service. The van provides door-to-door transport from your home to the Bedford Senior Center, shopping malls, medical offices, and other stops in Bedford, including Stop and Shop and Whole Foods. The van also goes to Market Basket / Dollar Tree in Billerica every Tuesday.
- Anyone in Bedford may ride the van.
- It is wheelchair-accessible.
- Rides are arranged on a first come, first served basis.
- Slots may be taken before 8 am.
- Seniors (65+) and Medicare Card Holders and Youth (Under 18):
- $1 each way in-Town, $2 each way out of Town
- Adult riders (ages 18 to 64):
- $2 each way in-town and $4 each way out of town
- BLT Cards are good for 25 $1 fare tickets are available for $20 from the BLT driver or by calling the Senior Center on 781-275-6825
- Riders must pay their fare as they enter the bus
Deviated Fixed Route
- The BLT deviated from the fixed route service. This means that it operates along a fixed route but deviates off route for pick up and drop off.
- The bus may depart from the fixed route to pick you up at your door, employment locations, businesses, schools, and shopping areas. The bus then returns to the fixed route.
- To ride on a fixed route, board at any of the stops at the times listed on the schedule below.
- To arrange a pick-up or drop-off outside the fixed route, call ahead the morning of your trip.
- For out-of-town Tuesday shopping trips riders may pre-book by calling to arrange rides in advance, but you must confirm your ride on the morning of the trip between 7 am and 8 am.
The BLT is funded in part by the MBTA.
The Bedford Local Transit (BLT) Weekly Schedule is in the process of updating. Please call the BLT for more information.