Bedford Food Bank
Weekly, Thursdays 4:00 - 5:30pm for pick up and Thursday afternoons for deliveries to homebound/disabled residents.
12 Mudge Way Bedford, MA
- To assist and support Bedford residents in need, the Town of Bedford has established a temporary food bank. The Food Bank operates out of the Town Center Building (yellow building behind Town Hall) at 12 Mudge Way on the Town Campus. Please proceed to the side of the building with the large parking lot and Council on Aging main entrance.
- Deliveries can be made to homebound seniors and disabled residents. If you are a homebound resident and in need of food assistance, please email or call.
- No application required.
SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) Outreach Partner
781-275-6825 (ask to speak with Danika Castle)
- The Department of Transitional Assistance (DTA) administers SNAP benefits. SNAP provides a monthly benefit to buy nutritious foods. To get SNAP, you must be low-income and be a U.S. citizen or legal noncitizen (restrictions apply). Eligibility for SNAP benefits depend on financial and nonfinancial criteria. The COA is now a SNAP Outreach Partner which allows us better accesibility and support to complete applications as needed. If you are interested in applying for SNAP benefits or need help with a recertification, please call the COA.
- Current income guidelines are as follows:
Household Size 200% of Federal Poverty Level 1 $2,147 2 $2,903
USDA Nondiscrimination Statement | USDA-FNS
Meals on Wheels (Minuteman Senior Services)
781-272-7177 or email at email@example.com
- They deliver lunch to homebound seniors who are unable to provide their own meals, and who meet certain guidelines. Special dietary considerations are available for those with chronic health conditions such as diabetes and heart disease. This daily check in by a volunteer driver may be the only social contact an elder has and helps reduce the isolation often experienced by disabled seniors. Drivers are trained to identify and report observations or emergencies that might indicate a medical problem or the need for more intervention.
Bedford COA Lunch Program (Minuteman Senior Services) -
- Nutritious lunches served 3 days per week (M-W-F). $3 donation requested. All those 60 and over are eligible. Sign up at least three days in advance.
Bedford Community Table - DUE TO COVID-19 THIS IS CURRENTLY CLOSED
Weekly, Thursdays 5:00 pm (closed on holidays, snow days and in the summer)
12 Mudge Way, Bedford, MA
- A community supper available to all residents