- Council on Aging
- Social Services
- Health Insurance
SHINE (Serving the Health Insurance Needs of Everyone)
- SHINE counselors are extensively trained and re-certified annually by the Executive Office of Elder Affairs. Services are available to Massachusetts residents for assistance with Medicare Parts A&B, Medicare Advantage Plans, Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage (Medicare Part D), Medicare Supplement Plans, MassHealth and various assistance programs for people with limited resources.
- You can access free SHINE counseling services through the following locations:
- The Bedford COA, please call 781-275-6825 to schedule an appointment
- Minuteman Senior Services, please call 781-272-7177 for more information
- Health coverage for in-patient and out-patient care for those who are 65 and meet eligibility requirements.
www.mass.gov/lists/applications-to-become-a-masshealth-member (for applications to become a member)
- In Massachusetts, Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) are combined into one program called MassHealth.
- Health coverage for costs not paid by Medicare for those who meet income and other eligiblity requirements.
- QMB/SLMB (Senior Buy-In): QMB and SLMB programs pay Medicare premiums, copays and deductibles for those who meet eligiblity guidelines, including income guidelines.
COMPLAINTS ABOUT HEALTH CARE AND COVERAGE
Attorney General's Health Care Division
888-830-6277 (health care helpline)
Available Monday, Wednesday, Friday 9a-2p
- If you have a problem with health insurance claims or medical bills, or think you might be the victim of a scam, the Attorney General's Health Care Division may be able to help
- Click on the link above to see the list of various agencies to connect with depnding on the nature of your complaint.