Bedford Youth and Family Services is a Fuel Assistance intake site that offers help filling out applications. No matter what type of heating source you have, LIHEAP may be able to help you pay your winter heating bills. All Massachusetts residents are encouraged to explore eligibility for this free program and apply for assistance. You can check your 2023 Income Eligibility and Benefit Levels. Applications must be submitted by April 30th, 2023.
LIHEAP Facts and Resources
- The LIHEAP application is FREE! No fee is required to apply and we offer free help to complete applications. Beware of scams charging an “application fee” to help submit an application.
- Even if heat is included in the cost of rent, you may still be eligible for home energy assistance.
- LIHEAP provides assistance for all sources of heat, including oil, electricity, natural gas, propane, kerosene, wood and coal.
- Upon approval, payments are made directly to your heating company.
- You can also check income eligibility and benefit levels. Please note that benefit levels are dependent on funding allocated to Massachusetts by the US Department of Health and Human Services. Housing subsidies will also determine specific benefit levels.
Winter coats, hat and gloves are available for free at Town Center. Children and Adolescent sizes are available with some limited adult sizes. Community Members can access the winter coats by going to the Staff Kitchen on the second floor next to the YFS Office. If you are in need of a coat and winter accessories please call 781-275-7727.