Bedford Food Bank at John Glenn Middle School (JGMS)
To assist and support Bedford residents in need, the Town of Bedford has established a temporary food bank at John Glenn Middle School (JGMS).
Who will the Bedford Food Bank serve?
At this time, the Bedford Food Bank will serve the following population: school-aged children/families of the Bedford Public Schools in need of food support at this time (including, but not limited to, students currently on free or reduced breakfast and lunch), previously identified vulnerable seniors and veterans, and existing clients of the Bedford Food Pantry.
What will be included in the food bags?
- Families seeking support for school-aged children: bags will include five days’ worth of children’s breakfast and lunch fixings, and a few additional items to support the entire family, and will be distributed by school administrators at the JGSM drive-thru Food Bank.
- Vulnerable seniors and veterans, and existing clients of the Bedford Food Pantry: bags will contain goods for meal preparation.
When will the food bank start, and where will it be held?
- The Bedford Food Bank will be held at John Glenn Middle School, and will begin Friday, March 20, 2020, and will continue on Fridays until further notice.
- The Food Bank will operate primarily on a drive-thru basis, with limited exception for residents who are on foot. Those utilizing the food bank cannot park their car, and walk up to the site.
- Residents should enter John Glenn Middle School by Railroad Avenue. McMahon Road will be used for exit only.
- There will be a separate food bank delivery system for homebound seniors, and disabled, residents.
- If you are homebound resident, and in need of food assistance, please e-mail [email protected].
Hours of Operation (1-3 PM)
Vulnerable Senior Citizens/Veterans/Existing Bedford Food Pantry Clients, School-aged children/families of the Bedford Public Schools in need of food support at this time (including, but not limited to, students currently on free or reduced breakfast and lunch).
How can I help? Can I donate?
To ensure the health, safety, confidentiality and privacy of our residents most in need, the Town will not be accepting food donations, or volunteers to staff the food bank.
If you are able, the Town welcomes financial donations to support the Food Bank.
Please click on "Donate Here!" at the top of the page.
If you do not want to donate online, checks can be mailed to:
Town of Bedford Emergency Relief Fund
c/o Finance Department
10 Mudge Way, Bedford, MA 01730
Please be mindful, the Bedford Food Bank service is intended for Bedford residents and families who are in need, and facing food insecurity.
Questions about the food bank? Please e-mail [email protected]
Please see map below for directions: