Applications are currently being accepted for the Bedford Rent Relief Program (BRRP). BRRP provides temporary monthly rental assistance in the form of a grant to eligible households. BRRP will pay between $300-750 per month in rental assistance, depending on unit size, for six months. Payments are made directly to the landlord.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Current residents of Bedford not currently receiving rental assistance from State/Federal program (RAFT, ERAP). Households receiving Section 8 assistance ARE eligible.
- Households that have received assistance from the Bedford Municipal Housing Trust rental assistance programs in the past do not qualify.
- Households that own other real estate do not qualify.
- Households spending over 30% of their income on rent or whose income is below 30% area median income.
- The maximum rent to be considered for benefit is the following: 1 Bedroom: $2,198, 2 Bedroom: $2,635, 3 Bedroom: $3,207, 4 Bedroom: $3,540
- Households whose income is below the listed limits.
Applications will be accepted on a first come first serve basis for as long as funding is available. BRRP is funded through Bedford's Municipal Affordable Housing Trust, and is administered by the Regional Housing Services Office.