Transport Service Operates Monday - Friday 8am - 3pm
Book ahead or call-In for rides that day on Monday - Friday 7am - 8am
(Medical rides can be called in up to 3 days in advance)
The BLT offers numerous in-Town destinations and a discounted fare for Seniors !
The BLT is Town of Bedford's public transportation service providing door to door transport from your home to the Bedford senior center, shopping malls, medical offices, other stops in Bedford, and to Market Basket in Billerica every Tuesday. Anyone in Bedford may ride the bus and the BLT uses a wheelchair-accessible van. Rides are arranged on a first-come, first-served basis and slots may be taken before 8am.
- Seniors and Medicare Card Holders & Youth (Under 18):
- $1 each way in-Town, $2 each way out of Town
- Adult riders (ages 18-64)
- $2 each way in-town and $4 each way out of town
- BLT Cards good for 25 $1 fare tickets is available for $20 from the BLT driver or by calling the senior center on 781-275-6825.
- Riders must pay their fare as they enter the bus.
Deviated Fixed Route
- The BLT deviated fixed route service. This means that it operates along a fixed route but deviates off route for pick up and drop off.
- The bus may depart from the fixed route to go to a specific location to pick up at your door, employment locations, businesses, schools and shopping areas. The bus then returns to the fixed route.
- Call ahead to arrange a pick up or drop off outside the fixed route.
- To ride on a fixed route only, board at any of the stops at the times listed.
- For out-of-town Tuesday shopping trips ONLY, riders may pre-book by calling to arrange rides in advance, but you must confirm your ride on the morning of the trip between 7am and 8am.
The BLT is funded in part by the MBTA.
Click below for Bedford Local Transit (BLT) Weekly Schedule
|BLT Route Schedule||1.03 MB|