- Medically eligible riders need to submit an application with documentation of disability of more than six months duration
- Hours of operation are Sunday-Saturday same times as the regularly scheduled MBTA transportation.
- Services provided at a nominal fee
617-222-3200; TTY 617-222-5146
- Bus service between Bedford, Lexington, Arlington , and Alewife.
- Local private pay cab service
Bedford Neighbor Brigade https://www.neighborbrigade.org/
- Volunteers helping neighbors in sudden crisis over a short time period
- Rides to Chemotherapy, dog walking, home delivered meals
Email: [email protected] to connect with Amy Mason, local leader of the Bedford Chapter.
American Cancer Society/Ride to Recovery
- Mon-Fri 9AM- 1PM – phone hours
- Rides by volunteers to cancer treatment centers
Armstrong Ambulance/Chair Car
- Ambulance transportation accepting Medicare/Medicaid
Palms Pride INC
(781) 373-3460 or (978) 667-6203
- Private pay
- All medical appointments including hospital discharge, chemotherapy, dialysis, physical therapy and more.
- Caregiver to wait at appointment/non-medical if needed
- Non-Medical trips, long distance, airports, family events etc.
- Family run business and door through door service
- Wheelchair accessible transportation to medical appointments. A fee is charged.
- Wheelchair accessible. Private, fee charged. Call to arrange rides.
- To Medical Appts. (non-ambulance)
- No age restriction
Bedford Council on Aging Wheels of Life Program
- Limited taxi rides funded by Carleton-Willard Village. Bedford residents 60+ who have no other means of transportation and who are able to enter and leave vehicle unassisted are eligibile.
American Cancer Society Ride to Recovery
781-894-6633, x. 2631
- Offers rides by volunteers to cancer treatment centers.
- Call to arrange rides.
Various local churches
- Transportation by volunteers
- Contact individual church
- Bedford Bike Share
- Hanscom Field
- Logan Airport