- Local private-pay cab service.
Bedford Council on Aging Wheels of Life Program
- Limited taxi rides funded by Carleton-Willard Village. Bedford residents 60+ who have no other means of transportation and who are able to enter and leave vehicle unassisted are eligibile.
MBTA'S - The RIDE
- The RIDE is the MBTA's door-to-door, shared-ride paratransit service.
- Riders must submit an application showing that they have been too disabled to use public transit for more than six months.
- Once you're approved, you can schedule trips 1 to 7 days in advance.
- The RIDE operates Sunday-Saturday at the same times as the regularly scheduled MBTA service.
- Rides are provided at a nominal fee.
- A pilot program also allows RIDE customers to book subsidized rides with Uber, Lyft, and Curb Mobility instantly, right from their smartphones.
MBTA Rte 62 Bus
(617) 222-3200; TTY (617) 222-5146
- This bus runs between the Veterans Administration campus in Bedford and Alewife station on the Red Line in Cambridge.
- The bus makes numerous stops in Bedford, including the Common and the Stop and Shop shopping center, as well as in Lexington and Arlington.
- People 65 and older are eligible for reduced MBTA fares with a Senior CharlieCard.
- Click here for the bus schedule.
American Cancer Society/Ride to Recovery
- Volunteers provide rides to cancer-related medical appointments.
- Call 800-227-2345 Monday through Friday 9am to 1pm, well in advance of your appointment.
Bedford Neighbor Brigade https://www.neighborbrigade.org/
- Volunteers helping neighbors in sudden crisis over a short time period.
- The volunteers provide rides to chemotherapy, dog walking, home-delivered meals, and more.
- For information, email Amy Mason, leader of the Bedford chapter, at BedfordMA@neighborbrigade.org
Armstrong Ambulance/Chair Car
- Ambulance and wheelchair service.
- Accepts Medicare and Medicaid.
Palms Pride INC
(781) 373-3460 or (978) 667-6203
- Non-emergency transport to all medical appointments, including hospital discharge, chemotherapy, dialysis, physical therapy, and more.
- Also provides non-medical trips, to airports, family events, and other destinations, including those at long distance.
- Family-run business provides door to door service.
Various Local houses of worship
- Transportation by volunteers.
- Contact individual congregation.
Alter-Ride Van Service
- Private company provides non-emergency medical transport for a fee.
- Wheelchair accessible.
- Bedford Bike Share
- Hanscom Field
- Logan Airport