The Department of Public Works announced today that Republic Services will resume collection of bulk waste and white goods next week. Bulk items will be collected on Mondays; televisions, computer monitors and appliances will be collected on Wednesdays.
Residents wishing to schedule a pick up should call Republic Services Customer Service at 1-800-442-9006.
Each household is limited to one bulky item per week and two appliances, televisions or computer monitors per month. Residents should place their item at the curb by 7 a.m. but no more than 12 hours before pickup.
Per the Town’s contract with Republic, bulk waste includes:
• Home, office and patio furniture,
• Mattresses and box springs
• Gas grills (propane tank removed)
• Carpeting and rugs (rolled in 4-foot lengths, tied securely)
• Wooden fence parts (4-foot lengths),
• Lawn mowers (drained of fuel and oil)
• Other items such as lamps, children’s toys, cart seats, suitcases, bicycles, and rigid plastic items.
Republic does not collect
• Construction & demolition debris
• Toilets, Sinks, Bath Tubs
• Yard waste
• Tires and electronic waste
Residents need to rent a dumpster or find an alternative to dispose of these items.
TV’s, Monitors, Appliances
The Wednesday white goods collection, per the Town’s contract, includes:
• Televisions (need approximate size of the screen)
• Computer monitors
• Refrigerators and Freezers
• Water Tanks/Water Heaters,
• Washing machines and Dryers
• Microwave Ovens
• Air Conditioners.
Doors on freezers and refrigerators must be removed. Residents are not responsible from removing Freon.