- What are the benefits of paying a bill online?
- What is Invoice Cloud?
- What is the relationship between my city, town or utility and Invoice Cloud?
- Is there one account number for all of my bills?
- If I pay different bills (i.e. Real Estate Tax or Water/Sewer) do I need to register twice?
- Can I put my water/sewer bill on Auto-Pay, but keep my real estate taxes as a scheduled payment?
Using the System
- How does the system work?
- Can I use an Apple /Mac to use the service?
- What Browsers are supported?
- I cannot locate my bill.
- Do I have to enter an email address to make a payment?
- When I try to pay my bill, it asks for electronic check information and I want to pay by credit card.
- Will I receive a confirmation email that my bill has been paid?
- Do I need to register to pay a bill?
- Why should I register to pay a bill?
- How Do I Register?
- How do I find my account number to login?
- I forgot my Password, how do I find it?
- Can more than one person pay bills online for the same account?
- What forms of payment can I use?
- Can I still send in a paper check?
- What is a service or service fee?
- If I don’t have email can I still process an electronic payment?
- Which bills can I pay online?
- What are the costs for paying online?
- May I pay my tax bill by credit card at the biller’s office?
- How should I enter my credit card information?
- How will I know that my payment has been accepted?
- Can I use more than one payment method per transaction?
- How long does it take for a credit card transaction to process if I pay online?
- How long does it take for an EFT (electronic funds transfer) transaction to process if I pay online?
- Do I need to notify my bank or change bank accounts?
- What information do I need to make a payment?
- When can I pay?
- Can I use a credit card to pay my bill(s)?
- Can I use a debit card to pay my bill(s)?
- Can I tell if my payment has been posted?
- Will I have online access to my account?
- How long will my payment history be maintained?
- Will I be able to print a copy of my bill?
- How do I change my account information?
- What is a partial payment?
- Why am I being charged a late fee?
- Can I set up a payment plan?
- How do I set up a payment plan?
- What is Auto-Pay?
- Can I cancel Auto-Pay?
- I signed up for Auto Pay but do not see any information under “My scheduled payments.”
- What are scheduled payments?
- Can I schedule payments?
- Can I change a scheduled payment?
- What is the difference between auto-pay and a scheduled payment?
- What if I already have auto-pay or a scheduled payment set up with my bank?
- Who do I contact with questions about a bill?
- I accidentally deleted my current email notification, what should I do?
- What if this website is down or for some reason I am unable to use this site?
- If I have additional questions or I am having trouble registering, who should I call?
- Is my information secure?
- Are my credit card and checking account information safe when I pay online?
- What is PCI Compliance and why is it so important?
- Who has access to my account?
Paying online with a credit card or electronic check saves time, gives you the flexibility to pay how and when desired, and saves money (no more stamps, paper checks or envelopes), and Invoice Cloud will store your information for future use, but only if you choose to store it.
Invoice Cloud is a web-based, electronic invoice presentment and payment company that we have partnered with to provide faster, more convenient billing services to our customers. By automating billing and collections, customers can click and pay online while helping the environment and reducing clutter in their home or workspace.
Your biller wanted to make paying bills easier for their customers, but didn’t have the electronic presentment and payment systems required to display, safely process and store financial information. Your biller chose Invoice Cloud because it is easy to use, and the security is the strongest available. All the data collected is double encrypted and stored on secure servers. The data is not sold or released for any purpose other than to complete transactions.
No, account numbers vary for the different tax types. For instance:
- Real Estate - parcel ID, Location Address, Bill Number and Name
- Motor Vehicle - Bill Number and Year
- Water/Sewer - Account Number and bill number
Yes, one time registration is required for each bill type to access the resident portal. You need to register for each of the bill types and accounts you wish to pay online. If you own two parcels you will need to register both parcels. If you own multiple vehicles, you will need to register each vehicle. Once the initial registration process has been completed for each of your accounts, viewing and paying future invoices will be in place. However, if you register your accounts with the same email and password, you will get a list of accounts to choose from in your customer portal.
Yes, each bill type operates independently. When you sign up for Auto-Pay, you be asked to select which bill type you want to put on Auto-Pay. Those bills selected will be paid on the day they are due.
Using the System
It is very simple. Here are the 3 steps taken by customers:
1. Customer receives email notification or accesses account via the Biller website by clicking on Online Payments from the Town’s Web Page, then the “View or Pay Your Bill” button.
2. Customer locates and views invoice and either enters payment information for a One
Time Payment or registers to schedule a payment.
3. Customer receives an email confirmation with their payment amount and payment process date.
Yes, many customers use a Mac.
Windows: Safari 4, 5 - Chrome 10, 11 - Opera 10, 11 - Firefox 3.6, 4 - Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9
iPhone and iPad: Mobile Safari 4x
Apple/Mac: Firefox 3.6, 4.0 - Chrome 11 - Opera 10.x, 11 - Safari 4, 5
Ubuntu (Linux): Opera 9.6 - Firefox 3.6
Please scroll down on the page to view the matching items at the bottom. Otherwise, try rereading the instructions for the search criteria. You may be entering more than one search criteria for Real Estate bills, which may only require one out of two fields.
Water/Sewer Bills require the bill number and account number, you only want to enter the last four numbers of the bill number and no dashes in the account number. MVE require the bill number and year of bill. It must be entered exactly as indicated on printed bill.
Yes, an email address is required for payment confirmation. A payment receipt is sent via email.
nder “How would you like to pay” click on the drop-down box and choose credit card.
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email.
You may need to register to receive electronic bills by email, but registration is not required for One Time Payments. One Time Payments require that you enter your payment information each time you make a payment. By registering, you avoid that step and gain access to your payment history.
By registering, you have access to all of your invoices regardless of type and all of the features of the payment portal. These features include the ability to view all current invoices, see previous invoices and payment dates, update your profile information, access the online customer service system, go paperless (if bill type allows), schedule payments for a specific dates, and sign up for Auto-Pay. You also avoid having to enter your payment information each time you pay a bill.
Registering is easy and can be done when you make a payment. There are two ways you can make a payment.
- When you receive an email notification that your bill is ready to paid, simply click on the “View Invoice or Pay Now” button. You will be directed to Biller’s “Pay and/or View Bills Online” site, powered by Invoice Cloud. Once there, you will be given the opportunity to register or make a One Time Payment. If you choose to register, you will be asked to provide a password and accept the terms and conditions to use the system. The payment information you enter in your profile will then be securely encrypted and saved for your next visit.
- You can go directly to the biller’s website and click on the “Pay or View your Bill” button. You will then be directed to the Biller’s “Pay and/or View Bills Online” site, powered by Invoice Cloud. Once there, you will need to locate your account and be given the opportunity to register or make a one time payment. If you choose to register, you will be asked to provide a password and accept the terms and conditions to use the system. The payment information you enter in your profile will then be securely encrypted and saved for your next visit.
Once you have registered, you will need only your email address and password to log in. To login the first time you use the system, you will need your account number, bill number or customer ID from your bill. The “locate your bill” screen gives instructions regarding the required information.
You should click on “Forgotten Password?” at the bottom of the login screen. You will need your account number and email address to retrieve your password. If you’re unable to locate this information, you may call the Biller, and after verifying your identity, the Biller can provide you with the information.
There are two ways that payment responsibilities can be shared. If the other payer is part of your household, you may choose to share your login information with that individual. In a situation where personal financial data is not shared, you may forward your email notification to the individual, who will then click on the “View or Pay Now” button and elect to make a one time payment. They will need to enter their name, email address, address and payment information. They will receive the payment confirmation. You can verify their payment by viewing the invoices in your account.
You can pay by credit or debit card or you may issue an electronic check from your bank account (checking or savings). Please check our website for the credit and debit cards that are eligible.
Yes, your bill can be paid in any of the following ways:
- Email notification based payment – click the “View invoice or Pay Now” button in your email
- Web based online payment – login to online bill pay via your biller website
- Paper check – sent by whatever means you choose, including US Postal Service
A non refundable fee added to an invoice to cover various administrative costs associated with billing and accepting payment.
- $.40 for ACH (check payment)
- 2.95% for credit card payments
No, to complete the online payment process, you will need an email address so that the system can deliver your payment confirmation. If you do not have an email address, you can obtain a free email account from any of the following services: yahoo.com, hotmail.com, or gmail.com.
You can pay current real estate, personal property, motor vehicle excise, and water/sewer bills.
There are no signup costs or subscription fees. The non refundable service fee when using an ACH transfer (electronic check) from your checking or savings account is $0.40 per transaction. The non refundable service fee when using credit cards is 2.95% of the bill you are paying. The service fee is automatically calculated based upon the type of credit card used and the dollar amount of the bill being paid and is shown on the payment page before you submit your payment for processing. There are fees imposed by Biller/Invoice Cloud for returned payments, and your bank may charge you a fee based on the bank's fee schedule.
No, we are only permitted to accept credit card payments online via Invoice Cloud. We will be adding this feature in the future.
The information you enter on the payment screen must be exactly the same as it appears on your credit card. This information collected will be used to authorize your payment.
After you submit your payment, you will see a payment confirmation screen. It will contain your payment confirmation message. It will show an approved number for credit cards or a processed number for electronic check. You will also receive a confirmation email after your transaction is submitted. The email will include your account number, invoice number, amount paid, and confirmation message. If your electronic check does not pass through the bank, you will receive an email informing you of the rejected payment. You may need to call your biller in order to pay again.
Yes, if your biller accepts partial payments, you may use one payment method for part of the transaction and another payment method for other parts of the transaction.
Credit card transactions typically take 48 hours to settle. An authorization is issued immediately; however, it takes 48 hours for the money to be moved.
EFT transactions typically take 48 – 72 hours to settle.
No, your current bank account (checking or savings) will work fine. So many payments are made electronically now that banks are already prepared for online payments. However, if you have arranged through your bank to automatically pay your bill, you need to contact your bank and discontinue the automated payment, otherwise you may pay your bill twice.
If you are registered, the only information you need to have available to complete a payment transaction is your email address and password. If you make a One Time Payment, then you will also need your bank account or credit card information and your account number.
You can make payment or review your account 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It is always a good idea to pay or schedule a payment at least few days before the due date to allow for processing time.
Yes, you can for online payments only. There is a service fee of 2.95% when using credit cards. The exact service fee amount will be displayed during the payment process prior to submitting the payment.
Yes, (for online payments only) although technically your debit card will be processed like a credit card and you will not be asked to enter a pin number. The service fee is the same as credit cards. The exact service fee amount will be displayed during the payment process prior to submitting the payment.
Yes, simply login to your account and select “View paid or closed invoices”. If you are a registered customer, you will receive an email notification.
Yes, you will have 24/7 access to your account for invoice review and payment, payment history and customer service requests.
18 months is the standard retention period.
Yes, each invoice is presented in PDF and HTML format. Electronic storage is recommended because it saves paper and has a beneficial impact on our environment.
Simply log into your account and change any of your personal information under the My Profile tab. If you are unable to change some of your information, you may need to call the biller and have them change it for you.
A partial payment occurs when only part of an invoice is paid and may apply if your biller has elected to allow partial payments. Please contact your biller’s office for more information.
If you feel that this fee has been assessed in error or you would like more information about late fee charges, please contact your biller’s office.
Yes, you can make installment payments on bills by using a simple self-service selection called Flex-Pay. Your plan will include 6 equal payments and you can decide the plan start and end dates and the payment method, either credit card or e-check. Each payment will incur a service fee.
Once your flex-pay schedule is made, you will receive an email confirmation of the schedule. Individual email reminders will be sent to you three days prior to each payment being made. You may cancel a Flex-Pay schedule at any time during the payment period, however only future payments will be cancelled. For example, if you have scheduled 6 installments and after the first two payments have been processed, you decide to cancel the schedule, only payments 3, 4, 5 & 6 will be affected. At that point, you can create a new Flex-Pay schedule for the remaining amount due.
Steps to creating a customized payment plan:
- You must be registered to make a flex-pay schedule.
- Once signed in, select “View or Pay Open Invoices” under My Account.
- Select the invoice, by clicking in the right side box (a checkmark will appear), click pay selected.
- Under “When would you like to pay?” you will see 3 payment options, flex-pay, today and schedule a payment. Select flex-pay.
- Add a payment method by clicking on either the new bank account or new credit card button and enter your payment information (or select existing method). Click continue to proceed.
- On the next screen, you will enter the payment schedule timeframe and press “Create My FlexPay Schedule.” Review the schedule and press continue.
- Finally, you will review the payment information and schedule and click “Schedule My FlexPay Payments.”
- Three days prior to each payment being processed, you will receive an email notification.
If you elect to opt in to Auto-Pay, it means that your bills will be paid automatically on their due dates using your default credit card or bank account. This will avoid any late fees and free you from having to remember when to pay.
Yes, simply go into your profile and uncheck the auto-pay box that you had previously checked when you elected to opt into Auto-Pay.
The Auto Pay date will not appear under scheduled payments. Auto Pay will be debited from the customer’s account on the due date.
Scheduled payments are scheduled individually by you for each bill on your specified date.
Yes. You can set up a future payment at any time prior to the bill due date.
Yes, as long as it is changed before the date it was scheduled to be paid.
Auto-pay is an automated process which pays your balance in full each billing cycle at 2am on the due date; scheduled payments are manually entered by you for the date you choose for each bill you choose.
You will need to contact your bank and cancel your automated or scheduled payment before the payment is due (typically payments are made a couple days in advance of the due date, so don’t wait until the last minute).
If you are unable to find the information you need in your online payment history or open invoices, please call us at (781) 275-1517
If you are registered, you can login via your biller website and view the bill there, or you can call your biller’s office and ask them to resend the email.
Please be aware that interest and fees will not be waived if this website is inoperable for any reason or if data entry errors occur. If the website is inoperable, payments can be made by mail, or at the biller’s Office.
Your biller’s office at (781) 275-1517 can answer most questions, but if the website is down or inoperable, please call Invoice Cloud customer service at (781) 848-3733.
Invoice Cloud uses the highest standards in Internet security. Account information displayed within the customer and biller portals is truncated to protect confidential data. Any information retained is not shared with third parties.
Absolutely. Invoice Cloud will safely store all of your financial information using Payment Card Industry (PCI) Compliant systems. This includes truncating (abbreviating) account numbers so that even the Biller does not see your complete account information.
PCI stands for Payment Card Industry, and compliance with the industry standards is a requirement for those that accept the major credit cards and for software providers who have applications which involve the transmission and/or storage of credit card information. If breaches are found on systems that are not PCI compliant, the major credit card companies have the ability to levy significant fines on the offending parties.
You and Biller’s authorized staff. No one will have access to your financial information as all check routing numbers and credit card numbers are truncated, so you never have to worry about security. As a security precaution, we don’t even show your full financial information back to you.