Outdoor burning from January 15 - May 1
- A permit (click on the word permit to complete the application) is required for permission to burn. You may also stop by the administration side of the fire station Monday thru Friday from 8am to 3pm to obtain a permit.
- Burning will be allowed from 10:00am to 4:00pm. All fires must be extinguished by 4:00pm.
- No burning may commence after 2:00pm on any given day.
- Burning must be at least 75 feet from all dwelling units.
- No starters, such as gasoline or tires, may be used.
- No hay, grass, leaves, whole trees, stumps, carpentry debris, building debris, paper or rubbish may be burned at any time.
- No debris from land or site clearing for development purposes may be burned.
- Under the law, you are allowed to burn debris from the following: domestic tree trimming and pruning, domestic garden preparation, commercial nursery tree trimming and pruning, government nursery and forest tree trimming and pruning, and maintenance of existing access ways.
- No burning will be allowed in barrels.
- Burning must be conducted without causing a hardship or nuisance to others.
- The issuing of a permit does not release the holder from liability for damage caused by his/her fire.
- A means of extinguishing the fire must be available at all times, and the fire must never be left unattended.
- This permit may be revoked or a fine issued at any time for violations of the above regulations or any state laws.
- The permit holder must be aware of changing weather conditions and extinguish fires as dictated.
- The permit holder is responsible for any fire or fire related damage do to negligence and/or failure to follow the regulations.
- You must call 781-275-7262 x 5307 on the day you wish to burn. If the recording says it is okay to burn for this day, please leave your permit number and your address. You may call this number for permission to burn any time after 9:30am.