The Town of Bedford will be offering free COVID-19 test kits, beginning on Monday, February 7, while supplies last. No appointment is necessary and all Bedford residents are eligible.
There will be four pickup locations:
- Bedford Free Public Library (Circulation Desk): Mon-Thu 9am-9pm; Fri 9am-6pm; Sat 9am-5pm; Sun 1pm-5pm
- Council on Aging (Town Center Building - Ground Floor): Mon-Fri 8am-4pm; Sat 10:30am-2:30pm
- Health Department (Town Center Building - Second Floor): Mon 8am-7pm; Tue-Thu 8am-4pm; Fri 8am-1pm
- Town Manager's Office (Town Hall - Second Floor): Mon 8am-7pm; Tue-Thu 8am-4pm; Fri 8am-1pm
For guidance on how and when to use at-home test kits, please see https://www.bedfordma.gov/health-department/news/at-home-rapid-antigen-t....
Additional resources available to acquire at-home tests:
- Free delivery of testing kits from the federal government: https://special.usps.com/testkits
- Insurance reimbursement for purchased test kits: https://www.cms.gov/how-to-get-your-at-home-OTC-COVID-19-test-for-free
- State programs coordinated through Bedford Public Schools and licensed child care centers
For questions about this distribution or if you are unable to pick up a test kit due to impacted physical ability or lack of transportation, please call 781-275-1111.
Update regarding expiration dates: On Tuesday 3/29/22, the FDA granted a three-month shelf-life extension for the iHealth COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test. As an example, if the expiration date on a test is April 1st, 2022, the new expiration date would be July 1st, 2022. To confirm the expiration date of an iHealth test kit, navigate to: https://ihealthlabs.com/pages/news?utm_medium=email&_hsmi=208632081&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-_tq06T24vb3woYPGTCLBU_Igkiht8NcAHuPeID2E8QvDu-uGXFrh40DSkTulyL_EdBco9Wb-PFRjTHk3TgovpoH4a4aw&utm_content=208632081&utm_source=hs_email and enter the lot number on your test kit box. Please note that this extension is only in regard to the iHealth test kits (which is the brand distributed by the Town at the Health Department, Town Manager’s office, Council on Aging and the Bedford Free Public Library).