Town Committee Vacancies
The Town of Bedford has a variety of opportunities for volunteers. Bedford is always seeking residents who are registered voters to fill vacancies Town Committees. A list of committees is as follows:
(1) - Arbor Resources
(1) – Bicycle Advisory Committee
(2) – Cable Television Committee
(1) – Cultural Council
(1) - Energy Task Force
(1) – Hanscom Area Towns Committees (HATS)
(1) - Historic Preservation Commission
(1) - Historic District Commission
(1) – Volunteer Coordinating Committee
(1) - SuAsCo River Stewardship Council - Alternate Member (http://www.sudbury-assabet- concord.org.)
The activities of these committees are as divergent as their names.From preserving the beauty of Bedford to preparing the Town’s budget for Town Meeting review and approval, or hearing applications for work on private properties in the Center of Town Historic District, the vacant positions are all important to the functioning of the Town.
Not sure?Minutes from each committee are available on the Town of Bedford website.You are also welcome to attend meetings for any committees to learn more about what they do and see if it is a good fit for you.All meetings are Open to residents.
Residents interested in applying should contact members of the Volunteer Coordinating Committee by logging onto the VCC page of the Town’s website, www.bedfordma.org, and filling out a Volunteer Questionnaire for one or more position. Questionnaires are also available on the Town Website and at the Town Manager’s office.