Policies, Permits, and Licenses

Common Victualers Licenses

You may print out the application for a Common Victualer's License below. Fill out the required information and submit it to the Town Manager's Office. You may either drop off the application in person or mail it to the Town Manager's Office, 10 Mudge Way, Bedford MA. Once your application has been received you will be contacted with more information about the process of getting approval from the Selectmen.

Common Victualer's License Application

If you have additional questions concerning Common Victualer's Licenses please contact the Town Manager's Office at 781-275-1111 or fill out the related request form.

Alcohol Licenses

The Massachusetts Liquor Control Act places a quota or limit on the number of on-premise and off-premise licenses a town can issue. That quota is based on the population of the community as determined by the most recent federal census. Although this changes with each state census, click here for the current remaining liquor license quota for the Town of Bedford. All of the Town's alcohol policies can be found at this link.

One-Day Special Alcohol License

The Select Board may grant a special license under MGL Chapter 138 Section 14 to the responsible manager of any indoor or outdoor activity or enterprise. If you wish to hold an event which involves the sale of alcohol, please fill out the application below and contact the Town Manager's Office at 781-275-1111. If the event is to take place in Town Center or Old Town Hall, please contact Fay Russo at 781-275-4880.

One-Day Special Alcohol License
Application for Non-Profit Organization 

One-Day Special Alcohol License
Application for For-Profit Organization 

For additional questions about alcohol licenses please contact the Town Manager's Office at 781-275-1111.

Temporary Sign Permit Application

Temporary Sign Permit Application

Application for Flammable and Combustible Liquids

Flammable & Combustible Application

Aquifer Protection Zone Application

Aquifer Protection Application

Application for Class II Licenses

Class II License Application