The purpose of the Bedford Trails Committee is to promote a cohesive vision for the development and sustainability of the Town’s extensive trail network.
The role of the Trails Committee is to plan, implement, improve and maintain public trails within Bedford Conservation Areas, other municipal lands, and on private properties with permission from the land owner.
The Trails Committee, working in cooperation with the Bedford Conservation Commission, will:
- Establish new trails;
- Design, construct and install bog bridges;
- Maintain trails, signage and mapping;
- Provide wheelchair access where possible;
- Create connections between trails, conservation lands and municipal lands;
- Organize trail use events such as local hikes, snowshoeing, cross-country tours and trail maintenance; and
- Promote and encourage partnerships with other Town agencies and committees to make Bedford a more walkable community.
The Bedford Trail Guide is a spiral-bound color publication from the Trails Committee containing the Bedford Trail Maps and their descriptions. It can be purchased for $10 at the DPW at 314 Great Road, the Town Clerk’s office or the Conservation office at the Town Hall at 10 Mudge Way, or the Depot Park Gift Shop at 120 South Road.
|Adrienne St. John|
|Michael Barbehenn||Chair, 2022|
|John Campos III||2022|