The purpose of the Bedford Trails Committee is to promote a cohesive vision for the development and sustainability of the Town’s extensive trail network.
The role of the Trails Committee is to plan, implement, improve and maintain public trails within Bedford Conservation Areas, other municipal lands, and on private properties with permission from the land owner.
The Trails Committee, working in cooperation with the Bedford Conservation Commission, will:
- Establish new trails;
- Design, construct and install bog bridges;
- Maintain trails, signage and mapping;
- Provide wheelchair access where possible;
- Create connections between trails, conservation lands and municipal lands;
- Organize trail use events such as local hikes, snowshoeing, cross-country tours and trail maintenance; and
- Promote and encourage partnerships with other Town agencies and committees to make Bedford a more walkable community.
The Bedford Trail Guide is a spiral-bound color publication from the Trails Committee containing the Bedford Trail Maps and their descriptions. It is currently being updated and will be available for purchase when completed. Trail maps are available for download on the website.
|Michael Barbehenn||Chair, 2023|
|Two vacancies 2023||2023|
|John Campos III||2023|