To examine, evaluate and advise the Selectmen regarding board actions and measures that will improve overall resident mobility, expand the use of non-automobile based methods of local and regional transportation, and improve traffic circulation and availability of transportation services that implement the transportation-related recommendations of the Town’s Vision Statement and Comprehensive Plan.
- To identify priority locations for sidewalk and crosswalk additions and extension and to secure public support for proposed sidewalk projects.
- To determine feasibility of preferred traffic calming and safety techniques/locations including signage improvements consistent with sound engineering principles.
- To recommend intersection and roadway improvements as well as bicycle path/route upgrades and additions.
- To investigate expansion of transportation services including interconnections with neighboring Town services and MBTA services.
- To engage residents and businesses in the establishment of a Transportation Management Association or similar employer-based organization.
- To identify funding opportunities for implementation of recommended actions.
If you notice a Transportation-related emergency in Town, such as a malfunctioning traffic light or unsafe road conditions, please immediately call the Department of Public Works at 781-275-7605.
If it is an after-hours emergency, please dial the Police business line at 781-275-1212 to report the issue.
If your request is not time sensitive, or if you have an idea or suggestion to improve transportation in Bedford, please email TAC@bedfordma.gov
|Scot Shaw||Chair, 2020|
|Jacinda Barbehenn||Planning Board Member|
|Margot R. Fleischman||Selectmen Member, 2021|