Where do I get tax information regarding my business?

The Massachusetts Department of Revenue (DOR) can answer all of your questions regarding collecting sales tax or other tax questions you may have. The Taxpayer Assistance Bureau is open from 8:45 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday. The toll-free number is 800-392-6089 or 617-887-6367. The DOR has a publication entitled "A Guide to Sales and Use Tax" which answers the most commonly asked questions about sales/use tax.

FID Numbers

Obtained from the IRS at 800-829-1040 or 617-523-1040.

Show All Answers

1. What is a Business Certificate, DBA (doing business as)?
2. Who must file?
3. Who must sign the Business Certificate?
4. How long is my Business Certificate valid?
5. What if I “go out of business”, change my residence; change the location of the business or want to change the name or owner of the business?
6. Does the filing of a Business Certificate protect me from others using the same name?
7. What are the fees?
8. Must I display a copy of my Business Certificate?
9. What is the penalty if I do not file a certificate or statement?
10. Where do I get tax information regarding my business?