Bedford Cultural District
The Bedford Cultural district is a specific geographical area in
a city or town that has a concentration of cultural facilities, activities, and assets. The Bedford Cultural District Partnership includes representatives from the Select Board, Planning Board, Bedford Arts and Crafts Society, Chamber of Commerce, Bedford Citizen, Cultural Council, First Parish, Historical Society, High School Art Program, and local artists, musicians, and performers.
Some of the goals for the Bedford Cultural District include:
- Foster community cultural events and street festivals in the district
- Support small business vibrancy and the formation of new artisan and creative businesses.
- Educate residents and visitors about Bedford's cultural resources.
- Encourage and expand cultural and artistic programming and rentals of Town Facilities
- Generate opportunities for public art and support the creation of an art walk on the Narrow Gauge Rail Trail.
- Create an incubator and display space for artists.
- Make opportunities for utility box and other streetscape art.
- Plan for significant expansion of the Historic Museum.
Activities Completed or Planned: 2022-23
- District Map and Asset Guide
- Street Art Mural on Mudge Way
- District Pole Banners
- Music & Arts Festival -June
- Holiday Artisans Fair- December
- Bedford Artist Directory
- Two Mini Art Galleries
- Coffeehouse Series (Planned)
- Madi Lord Sculpture Refurbish (Planned)
- Art Walk on Narrow Guage Trail (Planned)
For more information contact : Jeff King, 781-275-1111
December 2, 2023 5:00 pm Bedford Town Common, 75 Great Road. Features Citizen of the Year. Visit with Santa.
Holiday Artisan Market
December 2, 2023, 2:00-6:00 pm
First Parish in Bedford, 75 Great Road Original handcrafted items by over 22 local artisans. Live music. Contact Jeff King or call 781-275-4006
Children's Fair 2-4:00 pm Downstairs, Parish Church Free gift shopping for the kids, wrapping, and craft activities. Childcare available.
Holiday Storybook Trail
December 2nd 2-6pm Follow the downtown Storybook trail. Read a page from 'Snowmen at Night" at each of the 14 stops. Begins at the Bedford Free Public Library and ends on the Town Common on Elm Street.
Winter Walkabout 2PM -6PM
Visit Participating Downtown Shops and Organizations. Shop for holiday gifts or just the holiday festivities at each location. Suzanne & Company, Bedford Historical Society, Pam Brown LC, Barrett Sotheby's International Realty, Fetch It, Kens NY Deli, Bedford Free Public Library and more!
St. Paul's Advent Fair 9AM-2PM
100 Pine Hill Road Features:
- Handmade crafts
- Gorgeous gift baskets
- Raffle of a compilation of dozens of gift certificates from local restaurants and businesses
- Homemade baked goods, from breads and sauce to cookies and pies
- Silent auction of goods and services
- Gifts to support our mission and outreach
Cultural Events Guide:
For questions about the Cultural District initiatives, please contact Jeff King, Housing and Economic Development Director, at 781-275-1111.
Please see the files on this page for the Cultural District Map and Cultural Assets Key.
The Mass Cultural Council, which is funded by the State Legislature, provides key financial and programmatic support for the Bedford Cultural District.