Bedford Cultural District
A cultural district is a specific geographical area in
a city or town that has a concentration of cultural facilities, activities, and assets. The Bedford Cultural District Partnership includes representatives from the Select Board, Planning Board, Bedford Arts and Crafts Society, Chamber of Commerce, Bedford Citizen, Cultural Council, First Parish, Historical Society, High School Art Program, and local artists, musicians, and performers.
Some of the goals for the Bedford Cultural District include:
- Foster community cultural events and street festivals in the district
- Support small business vibrancy and the formation of new artisan and creative businesses
- Educate residents and visitors about Bedford's cultural resources
- Encourage and expand cultural and artistic programming and rentals of Town facilities
- Generate opportunities for public art and support the creation of an art walk on the Narrow Gauge Rail Trail
- Create an incubator and display space for artists
- Make opportunities for utility box and other streetscape art
- Plan for significant expansion of the Historic Museum
Holiday Artisan Fair: unique handcrafted items will be on sale at the First Parish Church in Bedford. 75 The Great Road in front of Town Common. Saturday, December 3rd 3:00pm-6:00pm. More information about the Artisan Fair and the Tree Lighting.
Bedford Artists Directory
The Bedford Cultural Council and Cultural District Partnership have compiled a directory of Bedford people, performance groups and businesses connected to the creative arts. The directory is intended to connect artists and community, inspire creativity and collaboration, and increase access to the arts. Please see the latest version of the directory (PDF).
Want to be included in the directory? Please fill out this Bedford Artist Directory form.
Peace Pole Project
See details on our latest Public Art Project.
For questions about the Cultural District initiatives, please contact Jeff King, Housing and Economic Development Director, at 781-275-1111.
Please see the files on this page for the Cultural District Map and Cultural Assets Key.
The Mass Cultural Council, which is funded by the State Legislature, provides key financial and programmatic support for the Bedford Cultural District.